This is a repeating eventjune 24, 2021 9:00 am
Building Capacity in Independent Facilitation - An OIFN Shared Learning Series Course 5: Fostering Conversations about What Matters This webinar acknowledges the unique role that independent facilitators play in inviting people into
Building Capacity in Independent Facilitation – An OIFN Shared Learning Series
Course 5: Fostering Conversations about What Matters
This webinar acknowledges the unique role that independent facilitators play in inviting people into conversations about change.
Participants will reflect on their own journey in terms of creating change in their own lives and supporting others as they take up changes big and small.
- Ways to support people to identify those stories they have about themselves that they feel are stuck and that they want to change.
- How the science of neurobiology and neuroscience can help us understand how people get stuck.
- Emotional literacy and helping people manage their fears, doubts and feelings.
- Learning how to offer clarifying conversations that help people gain insight into sources of conflict and figure out where their visions converge and/or diverge.
- Getting better at mindful attention and triggers and how to stay in a conversation when emotions run high.
- Creating and ensuring safety when helping to hold a difficult conversation.
Part One: Wednesday, June 17, 2021, 9:00am – 3:30pm
Part Two: Wednesday, June 24, 2021, 10:00am – 12:00pm
Optional Mentoring Conversation – times will be scheduled in consultation with participants
$65 for the course
+ $50 for the mentoring conversation
or register for the whole series for $390.00
Courses will be held virtually using Zoom Video Conferencing.
Links to the Zoom meeting will be sent by e-mail, once registration is confirmed.
ABOUT THE SERIES
OIFN is offering this shared learning series for people living with developmental disabilities, family members and/or loved ones, and aspiring and experienced independent facilitators.
Please see the series flyer to learn more.
(Thursday) 9:00 am - 3:30 pm EST
Zoom Video Conferencing
Ontario Independent Facilitation Network